Tuesday 1 December 2009

Bridget Riley: Optical Art

For my Assignment 2 in Design Theory I have chosen a piece by Bridget Riley, as I thourght the Optical Movement would be a really interesting topic to analysis structure, composition and form within.

I also really like and have been inspired by her geometric concepts, mainly her black and white art. Here are a some of her best pieces in my opinion.




Metamorphosis












Blaze










Cataract 3















Movement in Squares














Rock





In these pieces colour, light, movement and disorientation can be achieved through her strategic placement of geometric form causing optical illusions for the viewer.





This post may be about Art not fashion but her work has been used and inspired many fashion creations and in the 1960's when she first started creating her optical art the swinging 60's fashions were happening and Op art monochrome fashions were very popular!



















No comments:

Post a Comment